How to get compression products
What to do when you start having first signs of a venous disease or after you have been diagnosed? Just follow our three steps to get a compression product that best fits your needs. Most of our medical products require either a medical prescription or a professional fitting at a retailer of your choosing. It is recommended that you see your physician who will give you a prescription for the proper compression socks or stocking for you.
1. Get a prescription
- See a doctor, if you are experiencing pain, swelling, varicose or spider veins, or any other leg symptoms as these may be signs of a venous disorder. Your doctor may refer you to a specialist for venous diseases, a phlebologist, who will do a detailed examination of your situation.
- A diagnosis is usually painless and risk-free and uses methods such as visual and physical examination, or an ultrasound.
- Receive a prescription that outlines specific therapy measures. The therapy needed will vary depending on the degree of severity of your individual needs and will most likely include a prescription for compression products.
2. Get a fitting done
- Find the nearest medical retailer to you. Our dealer locator can help.
- Visit your retailer to get your product fit professionally and specifically to your needs. The fitter will need to take specific measurements of your leg / arm, depending on the compression product you need.
3. Order compression products at retailer
- Based on your measurements and specific needs your retailer will recommend the best product for you. Should the specific product not be in stock it can be ordered for you.
You can also buy compression stockings without a prescription (although a prescription is highly recommended).
18-21 mmHg stockings are often worn for well-being purposes. So, even if you do not have a predisposition or any complaints, compression socks and stockings can be worn if you feel comfortable in them. They improve circulation, alleviate symptoms such as heavy legs, and can improve the overall quality of your life.